Sunday, May 3, 2009

Morel in Martell Forest


This morel (Morchella) was in Martell Forest, Tippecanoe County. The picture was taken last Sunday, April 26, 2009. There were other people looking for morels in Martell that day, some of them were having some success finding a few. This particular mushroom was only about 4 inches tall, it was the only one I found that day. Before I could get it out of the ground a couple damn fool shroomers tried to jump me and grab my mushroom. So I pulled my Glock and winged one of them bastards. They scattered over the ridge without my mushroom. Next time some sumbitch pulls this he gets gut-shot. These morel mushrooms make Hoosiers a bit nutty. Well I should say a bit nuttier than usual.

Today (May 3) there should be even more morels in Martell Forest than last week. We had some rain and it's warm weather now. There ought to be even more mushroom hunters there than mushrooms though. It's gonna be like an Easter egg hunt in a churchyard. So good luck finding any.

No comments: